Current open positions: Assistant Brewer
Looking for an energetic, curious, diligent, detail oriented individual to join the team as an Assistant brewer/Cellar Person at our production facility & retail taproom in Gibsonville, NC. This position requires flexible scheduling.
The Asst. Brewer/Cellar Person will assist the Head Brewer on brew days and perform the primary functions of the cellar requirements. The Asst. Brewer will also have the opportunity to lead brews on the system under the supervision of the Head Brewer.
The individual needs to be adaptable to adjust and pivot to the business needs as necessary. E.g make deliveries during brew downtime.
This is a full-time position.
Start date: Immediate
- Adhere to company policies for safety and follow best practices.
- Assist head brewer in brewing on brew days.
- Starting up, operating and cleaning equipment before & after brewing.
- Racking beer from fermenters to brite tank.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks and other brewing equipment including mopping brewhouse floors.
- Lifting kegs, cleaning and filling kegs including transporting kegs for cleaning.
- Following production SOPs and contributing to their ongoing development.
- Trouble shooting mechanical equipment to ensure safe and timely production of beer
Important skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude to understand and fulfill responsibilities
- The ability to work unsupervised while maintaining established safety and quality standards
- Reporting safety, maintenance or beer quality issues to Toasty Kettlyst management
- Representing Toasty Kettlyst in a positive way and avoiding behaviors that are not reflective of Toasty Kettlyst’s culture
- Ensure timely completion of production goals as set forth by Head Brewer
- Assist with inventory management of beer, raw ingredients & other taproom needs – Take weekly inventories, and provide weekly racking reports
- Establish and promote Toasty Kettlyst Beer Company culture both inside and outside of the Brewhouse
- Tours and Events – Act as brand ambassador for Toasty Kettlyst Beer Company. Execute brewery tours on-site and off-site beer events as scheduled by management team.
- Education – Teach staff and customers about Toasty Kettlyst Beer Company and provide general beer knowledge and culture. Train new tour guides.
- Execute on-site special events including but not limited to: Beer Dinners, Tastings, and Festivals.
- Set-up and breakdown as required for event (set up jockey boxes, ice, load-in/out of product)
- Share knowledge and insight with staff and customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of HS Diploma or GED required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Passion for beer, understanding of its history and culture, demonstrated by professional brewing experience, home brewing experience or formal or self-led education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and spreadsheets
An ideal candidate would possess:
- Enthusiasm for craft beer, an outgoing personality, ability to work well with teammates, engage with customers and industry peers from all walks of life.
- A commitment to understand and support beer quality.
- A deep understanding of the raw ingredients, brewing process, equipment and recipe formulation.
- Ability to demonstrate repeatable proficiency & consistency in performing complicated & sensitive tasks after training, practice & feedback.
- Ability to trust and earn the trust of teammates and work in a collaborative manner, engage in respectful productive conflict, commit to decisions in the best interest of Toasty Kettlyst, hold others and be held accountable, and focus on delivering results.
- Exceptional curiosity and analytical ability
- An accreditation, certificate, or formal education in brewing or packaging, or a degree in Science, Maintenance, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Ability to frequently stand, sit, walk, crouch, kneel and lift regularly throughout duration of shift, including continual dragging, carrying, and manipulation of hoses, pumps, parts, buckets, carts, tools, and reservoirs.
- Frequently lift and/or move 55 pounds
- Organize and manoeuvre full kegs weighing up to 165 pounds
- Take grain delivery and move pallets with a pallet jack weighing up to 2500 pounds
- Adhere to company policies for safety and follow best practices
Managerial/Leadership Responsibilities: – None
- The general work environment is that of a brewing, packaging, shipping and retail taproom facility
- The employee regularly works with hazardous material and utilities
- The employee works on wet floors and wet equipment
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, heat elements, hot water, potentially some broken glass and CO2 & O2 sources
- The employee works in a sanitary environment
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org